why do some people call the ground the floor

floors and levels of buildings - synonyms and related words

2the first floor. noun. british the next floor of a building above the one that is at the same level as the ground outside. the american word is second floor

Get Price

boots on the ground - urban dictionary

2a term used to describe a call of duty games. "man, i hope they give us a boots-on-the-ground game for cod 2017." what and who is actually present in that area, since using remote methods does not always provide reliable results.

Get Price

separated by a common : the floor

2nov 3, 2007 i have long had a tentative theory that it was to do with many people - as . the word floor used to describe what i would call ground all the time.

Get Price

first floor vs ground floor, usage origin - english

2neverless in many hotels, the first floor is often referred to as a lobby. first floor/ ground floor in the us, the first floor of a building is also the ground floor, but in europe whether you call the floor you started on the ground floor or the first. usua

Get Price

ground floor: “unforgiven” - tv club - the av club

2dec 10, 2014 last season, a little multi-cam called ground floor related the story of a one-night the lines don't crackle the way they usually do, which is a shame since ground floor's witty writing sets it apart from many other multi-cams.

Get Price

is it the floor or the ground? - the grammarphobia blog

2apr 4, 2009 but many people do this. not only do they refer to the floor as the ground, but they call the ground the floor. at least so far, dictionaries maintain

Get Price

living on the ground floor: bargain or fool's paradise? - the new

2dec 5, 2004 ground-floor manhattan apartments seem to have growing appeal, mainly because while high prices are forcing some buyers who would like to live in . for its rear garden and by people who would rather not deal with stairs. mr. finstad called

Get Price

where is frozen ground? national snow and ice data center

2many people have not ever really thought about the ground under their feet. they usually take it does permafrost exist in the southern hemisphere? permafrost in the (figure 4). permanently frozen sea floor is called subsea permafrost.

Get Price

what's the word for "a floor underground" in english

2but would native speakers use "basement 1, basement 2. which are below the basement (more often called "lower level") and some people use cellar for the floor below the ground in a house, while others use basement.

Get Price

5 features that make a ground-floor apartment desirable—instead of

2apr 24, 2019 but because they can also have luxurious features—and maybe a in addition to meeting your lifestyle needs, some ground-floor apartments given that some of the chief complaints surrounding ground-floor apartments have to do with their proximit

Get Price

why do people (british and american) call the “ground” the “floor

2why do people say 'fell to the ground' when they're indoors? level you enter on is called the “1st floor” and in the u.k. that same level is called the “ground floor”. what are some american words that british people hate?

Get Price

lightning science: five ways lightning strikes people

2a side flash (also called a side splash) occurs when lightning strikes a taller object in essence, the person acts as a “short circuit” for some of energy in the in addition, ground current can travels in garage floors with conductive materials. metal doe

Get Price

floor numbering - wikipedia

2a storey (british english) or story (american english) is any level part of a building with a floor the floor at ground or street level is called the "ground floor" in many places. . the "third floor" officially becomes the "second floo

Get Price

why am i on the first floor in france but the second floor in

2nov 22, 2017 if you ask an american how many floors the empire state building has, the so, in france, the space between the ground-level literal floor and the but it wasn't adopted by americans when they began building cities. in the

Get Price

floor or ground? - english forums

2ground floor is normally inside though! the general usage of these words i really hate ppl who get picky with other ppl about how they talk!

Get Price

french translation of “ground-floor” collins english-french

2french translation of “ground-floor” the official collins english-french dictionary online. the second storey would significantly block natural light into my ground-floor the ground-floor windows are carefully placed so they look obliquely at the . in th

Get Price

the ground floor and first floor in british and american english

2apr 9, 2012 in british english the floor of a building at street level is called the ground floor. it's also possible to call the street-level floor the ground floor, like in britain. how many of u know this, the difference between floor and storey? ..

Get Price

cmv: the british system of numbering floors (where the 1st floor

2i know some people - including myself - who use the american it does make more sense to me to call the ground floor ground floor and

Get Price

Product Details

Product List